Continental Trail King ProTection+Apex 26x2.4" Folding
This tire likes the rough stuff!
- This tyre shines on enduro bikes and "all mountain" bikes with a suspension travel of greater than 140mm, thanks to its comfortable and voluminous casing
- Multitude of small knobs guarantee best traction on any difficult trail
- Excellent puncture resistance and maximum stability thanks to ProTection TubelessReady insert and Apex stiffening
- Excellent grip, high mileage and efficient rolling thanks to BlackChili Compound
- Dimension (ETRTO): 26 x 2.4“ (60-559)
- Technologie: ProTection Apex
- Compound: BlackChili Compound
- Model: black/black Skin, folding
- TPI: 4/240
- PSI: 45-58 (3.0-4.0 bar)
The new discipline is called Enduro, which has been becoming increasingly popular for some time now. It is the technical challenge of rapid, hard descents and exhausting ascents. This requires the combination of a puncture protecting construction and fine rolling characteristics as well as excellent grip. The proven ProTection layer protects the tyre reliably against cuts and puncturing without significantly increasing the weight. The additional apex side wall stabilisation reliably protects the tyre against puncturing even if the tyre pressure is low. There is also the option of weight optimisation by driving the tyre together with the Conti RevoSealant “TubelessReady”. With an anti-skidding BlackChili Compound tread optimum pairing is achieved when efficiently driving uphill and downhill puncture-free.
In the research and development laboratories for Continental bicycle tyres in Korbach, Germany, the staff and engineers have been looking for the solution to one of the fundamental problems of tyre construction: The running properties of the rubber compound of a tyre are largely determined by three interacting factors: static friction (grip), rolling resistance and mileage. The dilemma is that you improve one of these factors, and in turn, worsen at least one other factor. A tyre with maximum grip wears out faster and rolls slower. If one makes the tyre faster or more durable, then this in turn reduces grip. With the then current highest standard of compound technology, the Activated Silica Compound having already reached a very high standard of compromise, our developers wanted to take compounding to an even higher level. This lead them to venture into new territory, exploring new ways so that in 2005 they made a breakthrough in mixing technology, the first steps to what is now known as BlackChili. This revolutionary compound is based on the latest findings on polymer and other raw material research.