Pirelli Cinturato GRAVEL M Folding Tyre – 700 x 40C
Start your gravel adventure: the Cinturato™ Gravel M from Pirelli
The special SpeedGRIP Compound adds features of mechanical resistance and chemical grip without compromising the rolling efficiency. Cinturato™ Gravel Mixed Terrain is a high-performance tyre with unique characteristics of grip in all weather conditions be they dry or wet plus a high level of puncture protection.
Features – Cinturato™ Gravel M
- Medium profile and tread spacing for riding quickly and confidently over a mixed variety of terrains from hard to soft whether for dry or wet
- SpeedGRIP Compound formulation for on-&-off-road rolling efficiency coupled with high tear resistance and high wet grip
- High-strength woven Nylon fabric from bead to bead for added cut and puncture protection
- Multi-ply 127tpi Nylon casing construction
- TLR tubeless-ready aramid folding bead optimized for wide rims and lower pressure riding
- Use: Gravel
- Typ: Folding
- Casing: 127 TPI
- Compound: SpeedGRIP
- Anti Puncture: Nylon bead-to-bead Aramid fiber
Size (Choose variant)
- 35-622 (700x35c)
- 40-622 (700x40c)
- 35-622 (700x35c) = 21C
- 40-622 (700x40c) = 23C
- black with silver lettering
Weight (manufactorer information)
- 700x35c = 430g
- 700x40c = 500g
Scope of delivery
- 1 Pirelli Cinturato GRAVEL M
The properties of the new SpeedGRIP Compound are tailored for all weather conditions regardless of whether the terrain is dry or wet. The new formulation retains the same polymer matrix as the specific mountain bike SmartGRIP Compound improving the rolling efficiency.
Coupling a reinforced casing construction featuring a woven fabric bead-to-bead layer with a tubeless-ready Aramid bead optimized for wide modern rims Cinturato™ Gravel Mixed Terrain offers an extremely high level of puncture protection and a new level of performance in terms of rolling and grip as well as a great reliability – which is already what the Cinturato™ trademark stands for in Pirelli.
The tread of Cinturato™ Gravel Mixed Terrain is composed of knobs whose height and spacing were studied alongside the physical and mechanical properties of the rubber compound to offer uncompromising performance in conditions varying between compact and unstable terrain. The addition of specific ribbing helps support the knobs limiting their deformation and encouraging the release of excess mud in wet conditions.
An aramid fiber belt located underneath the tread in order to protect the casing from sharp objects: aramid is a fiber with high cut and abrasion resistance. Its light weight and flexibility also ensure rolling efficiency and overall performance of the tyre.