The NEO Smart is the most powerful, smartest and quietest indoor trainer that currently exists.
The lack of any physical transmissions means this is the first true direct drive. Road feel is simulated in a highly realistic manner, there is no loss of power. The powerful motor is able to apply resistance up to 2200 Watt and simulate slopes realistically up to 25%. It also speeds up during descents. This ensures the most realistic cycling experience, also during climbs. The lack of any physical transmission, and in turn any parts that could rattle or rub against each other, ensures this trainer is extremely quiet. In addition, this trainer requires no calibration and suffers no wear and tear. Just like other Smart trainers, the NEO communicates using ANT+ and Bluetooth Smart, allowing it to be connected quickly and easily with Tacx apps. Performance data can be viewed on several devices simultaneously, including your smartphone, bike computer and sports watch. When the NEO Smart isn’t connected to a smartphone, tablet or computer, it behaves as a fluid trainer. This means the trainer behaves progressively: when your speed increases, the resistance increases as well. So it is possible to use this trainer in a “stand-alone” status. Furthermore, the Tacx NEO features Plug in/Plug out technology and can therefore be used with and without a plug. When the plug is not in use, the trainer will act as a wireless motor brake. This means the trainer will be not be able to speed up during descents. So you can use this trainer anytime and anywhere, even when you don’t have your smartphone with you.
- The operating principle represents direct drive technology in its purest form. Any physical transmissions such as belts, rollers or wheels have been omitted in order to ensure optimum power efficiency, from the pedal to the motor. Thanks to an uninterrupted power flow, you won't lose a single bit of output or power. A virtual flywheel dynamically controls the brake force. This means that the resistance is calculated and adjusted continually to simulate natural road resistance. Whereas other trainers use a flywheel to pass the dead centre, the NEO uses calculations to predict the movements of the bike and simulate the action of a flywheel. The inclusion of FAST technology means the NEO carries out a 1000 calculations per second to predict the rider's movement. The virtual flywheel can generate a variable inertia effect, allowing it to simulate the bike movements of all cyclists up to a specific bodyweight (125 kg max.) in a highly accurate manner. When calculating the brake resistance required, all physical formulas a cyclist encounters on the road are applied to create a situation that is as realistic as possible. Air and rolling resistance, gradient percentage, weight, air pressure, wind speed, temperature, altitude, inertia and brake properties are all taken into account and calculated hundreds of times per second to achieve a realistic feel.
- The direct drive is equipped with an LED light, which changes colour in response to your power. If your power output is high, the light turns red. If you are cycling at a low power output, the light is blue.
- No cadence sensor is used to determine the cadence. As mentioned previously, the NEO performs a thousand measurements per second in order to predict the bike's movements. The sine modulation of the bike's movement is used to determine the cadence and the power output.
- Software Tacx apps & Third party apps. PC software via upgrade.
- Operation Automatic
- Resistance unit Direct drive
- Realistic slope 25%
- Descent simulation To -5%
- Max brake power (10 sec.) 2200 Watt
- Mass inertia 125 kg
- Suitable for:
Scope of delivery
- T2800 NEO Smart
- Front wheel support